Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cinderella, Finally

I have wanted a copy of the Rodgers And Hammerstein's "Cinderella" that was first on TV back in 1965 for SO long!
 Despite searching, I have never even been able to find a VHS version at a thrift store:
Finally, this delightful version of the musical starring Lesley Ann Warren is available on DVD from Amazon TODAY!

I have already ordered mine......
And I am really looking forward to seeing it again!
"In my own little corner, in my own little chair, I can be whatever I want to be......"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing this version when I was around 10 years old, back in the mid 80's, and I've loved it ever since! Thanks for the update! Alisha

Tina Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina Dawn said...

I loved this, I guess I was about 13 or so when it was first on. I wanted to be Lesley Ann Warren, I thought she was so pretty. The only thing that would have made it better was if John Davidson had been the prince! Did you know Lesley Ann Warren was in the Mod Squad once in 1969? That would be a fun episode to watch! Love T

Candice said...

Alice and I loved watching Cinderella on TV year after year after year. I couldn't believe it when the prince became Allen Quartermain on General Hospital. He was so handsome! And to think Lesley Ann Warren was only 17.

I was Cinderella in the 3rd grad play and my mom made my raggedy costume and beautiful ball gown.

I used to have the VHS tape some years back. I thought I already had the DVD.

Thanks for sharing!

Heidi Ann said...

Alisha - glad you enjoyed the post!
Candice - you may already have the DVD; I just never found it at a price (new) that I was willing to pay when I could afford to pay it. I'm happy that I have a brand new copy on the way now at a reasonable price!
Tina - I recorded The Mod Squad all summer (pretty much) on MeTV. I haven't watched all of them yet. I hope I find the one that Lesley Ann Warren was in!