Thursday, September 25, 2014

Daisy Doodles From Studio Twelve

I found this partially finished kit at a thrift shop.
"Studio Twelve Presents Daisy Doodles Instant Stitchery", "Three Delightful Mini Pictures".
 They're pretty darned cute.
I have done other posts in the past about Studio Twelve ( here and here.)
Here, you see the first one, which has quite a bit of the work done:
The box is messed up, but at least it's still around!
 (I can relate!)
You can see in the photo below that both a skein of white Strawtex, and the little yellow "Mini-Fleur" flower loom needed to make the daisy flowers were included in the kit:
Here are a few more looms I have found recently - one from Bucilla and Studio Twelve, and the other packaged one is from Boye:
It has the instructions, too:
Two were started but the third was not:
I love the artwork on the back of the box:
Package Design by Chris Art Studio, Garden Grove, California, and this kit is dated 1969.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Makes you wonder why all that work was done and then the most fun part, making the daisies, was skipped. There's a story there. Love T

Sheryl said...

Do you finish the kits you pick up?
Sheryl

Heidi Ann said...

Hi Sheryl - No, I never have. I am not too handy with a needle!
I usually put them into the shop for sale.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi
Is this kit going to be for sale? I collect Studio Twelve kits and haven't seen this one before :)
Amanda

Heidi Ann said...

Hi Amanda - Please send me an email by going to my profile on the blog (click on my name HeidiAnn along the right hand side of the blog).