Friday, October 17, 2014

Disneyland Hotel

I shared this 1957 vintage Disneyland Hotel brochure with you a few years back, but I wanted to include it again today.
It was mailed to my mother-in-law after she had sent a $15.00 check to the hotel to hold a room:
Here's a look inside the brochure:
Oh, how I long to stay there again some day. But, alas, the rates these days are higher than I can afford.
Here are a few other things I have from the hotel - we'll start with
this wooden coat hanger, below.
I am not sure how old it is - not very, I don't believe - and no, I didn't steal it!
 I bought it at a thrift store for a quarter, and I was tickled to find it:
I don't think I ever shared these matchbooks before.
I found them in a big basket full of the books at a thrift store. I had to dig, but I was rewarded for my efforts:
The front:
The back:
And the inside:
Tina gave me this ashtray for my birthday one year.
Pretty cool!
We don't smoke, but that doesn't mean I don't like (some) ashtrays.
I mean, especially one from the "World's Most Exciting Hotel"!!

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love old ashtrays, and matchbooks! Thanks for sharing. I have never stayed at that hotel or any others at Disneyland. Sounds like a wonderful luxury. Love T

Sheryl said...

What a nice keepsake.

Annette said...

Very cool Disneyland hotel stuff.

Jill said...

Real fun stuff!!

Mick said...

What gems to have! Now I'll have to hunt an ash tray too!