Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Raggedy Ann and I love the same fabric!

Well, Heidi found a great pattern and wrote about it the other day
in this post.
 I made this blue top and another one in a red calico after I had my son in 1971.
 I wore them often.
This McCall's magazine is from August 1970. Inside I found my fabric worn by Raggedy Ann.

 I also found a description of what might be my fabric.


Cotton print by Henry Glass-Peter Pan fabrics.


Oh, to go back to 70's fabric prices!


I have searched for this fabric for several years now,

I found this one little girl's dress below. It is the dress from the McCall's 2530 pattern.


I love the simple smocking and the rickrack!


My dress is small enough to fit a large Raggedy Ann.


Maybe someday I will find the toddler's dress in my fabric also,


What a darling dress. Very simple to make, too.


I hope the Mom who made this dress for her daughter made her the matching Raggedy Ann doll.


If she did, maybe I will someday find that Raggedy Ann.


I am really liking the eyelet pinafore.


 I just love this fabric! Raggedy Ann, you have great taste!

3 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Oh. My. Gosh!! I am SO excited that you found the magazine and that dress made out of the same fabric!! I had been watching one of those magazines on eBay! Can't even remember now how I knew it had the article inside? A seller must have said or shown something in their listing? I wanted to buy it but I just never did.
I swear, I am equally as excited as you must have been when you found the magazine with the photos and fabric information inside!
And that little dress! That is just too cute for words, and so totally cool that you found it!
As one of the children in "Mary Poppins" said (and it just happens to be one of my favorite lines ever in a film - has to be said with the proper British accent, don't forget):
"How ever did you manage it?"

Melanie said...

I love everything about this post!

Shelly said...

A perfect post for my day! I have preschool twin girls, and one of their favorite books is 'Raggedy Ann and the Cookie Snatcher' (which I picked up at a thrift). The last couple of days, they have been playing with a Raggedy Ann & Andy that my mom sewed in the 1970s! Love her!