Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Little More About Our Trip To Oregon

I mentioned in my previous post that we were graciously hosted at the home of some friends on our first night in Oregon. We had a great time. They fixed a fabulous dinner, their home is gorgeous and comfortable, and we also got to enjoy the company of another couple, who came over for dinner as well.
I am so sorry that I somehow neglected to take any pictures at Dave and Sue's home! I guess we were all too busy talking!
The next day, we got to go stop by for a short visit at the home of the other couple, Joe and Cindy.
They have a lovely home, too!
And check this out:
This is their back yard:
They are right on the Rogue River. I mean, come on - how would you like to have a view like this!?
On our first night in Ashland, we went to the Oregon Cabaret Theatre:
Dinner and a musical - it doesn't get much better than that, in my book!
Backwards in High Heels, The Ginger Rogers Musical:
Both the dinner AND the musical were fantastic, and it made for another wonderful evening.
(And thank you again to my generous sister Tina for treating me to this  terrific trip! It was simply marvelous.)
I took a few photos of some great costumes that were on display in one of the windows as we walked through town.
They were fabulous:

I wish I had written down the information about each one!
I took these pictures as were were on our way home:
Snow-covered Mount Shasta, as seen through the car windshield:
See that sign up there?
I don't know about you, but I kind of like the sound of living on "Easy Street".......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG how astoundingly beautiful! I long to visit Oregon again (last time we were there was in 1990).

Happy belated Birthday too! Hope you have a fantastic year!

Tina Dawn said...

Thanks for the memories... We will just have to go back so you can take pictures at Dave and Sue's! I sure wish we could have seen the info on that Rose costume, I loved it. There is an Easy Street in Placerville too, across from Raleys, if you want to live a little closer, LOL. Love T