Saturday, April 4, 2015

A Rockwell Postcard

My friend Faith sent me this Norman Rockwell postcard seen below.
She knew I would like it - and she was right.
(Thanks, Faith!)
"The Window Washer", by Norman Rockwell.
I like it because, not only because am I a HUGE Norman Rockwell fan, but also because this particular work of art reminds me of "Mad Men", which, of course, begins airing the (first of the very) last episodes tomorrow night.
I can't wait!
Although, I'm not looking forward to it ending - at all.
I can always watch the entire series again, though - if I want to.
And I just might.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Cute. I will miss Mad Men too. Very entertaining tv. Love T

Unknown said...

Aaaaaah I'm going to have total Mad Men withdrawals!! I'm hoping that Matthew Weiner will do another series, maybe set in the '70s and '80s, about the lives of the Mad Men children. Keeping my fingers crossed for that ... I mean, if X Files can come back why not continue this story, right?

Sunnyana said...

I don't know anything about Mad Men (I don't have cable) but I know a lot about Norman Rockwell and his work. This is one I don't recall seeing so thanks for sharing something new to me.

Diane said...

I've never seen this one before either. Thanks for posting!

mailgirl said...

I immediately thought of Mad Men. I'm also jealous she sent you that. He and Salvador Dali are my favorite inspirations!!