Sunday, May 3, 2015

What's Penny Wearing? #116 A Gorgeous Hawaiian Dress From Waltah Clarke's

Penny is really rocking this fabulous vintage Hawaiian dress I found at a thrift store:
Beautiful and bright.....
I love the flirty little cap sleeves with their eyelet ruffles:

And the bow in the front:
And the sweet ruffled hemline:
 It looks just right for summer, doesn't it?
If you like vintage, that is.
And I definitely do.
 
 The label on this dress tells me that it is from Waltah Clarke's, and I'm also sharing a vintage postcard depicting the shop.
I found the advertising postcard here in our house; it belonged to my mother-in-law:
Looks like it would have been a fun place to shop, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

When we went to Maui I shopped in a very similar store, it is so fun to go in and browse in a colorful fun environment like that! Very pretty dress, I love the green and the eyelet. Love T

Sunnyana said...

I would love to have had this dress! The colors are my favorites and I like the style and the eyelet. The Waltah Clarke shop picture looks like it could be the one we use to walk by in Palm Springs. I remember going in but their prices were too high for me at the time. So I made a few bright Hawaiian type dresses back then.

svelteSTUFF said...

LOVE!!
Must.find.some similar for Ms. Alden and Miss Skanny!! ;-)