Friday, July 24, 2015

Patterns From The Past: Cute Tops From Butterick 3024 and 3025

I found this picture in a vintage Seventeen Magazine, featuring three different models (that's Deborah Raffin in the middle) wearing three different tops, each made from one of two Butterick patterns.

The pink halter top's style is shown in View "E" on the front of this pattern below, number 3025.
 I remember wearing similar tops back in the 1970's.
I think we have pictures of Tina and Lori both, maybe, wearing halter tops.
And View "C" is the tank top worn by the model on the left in the photo:

The yellow top you see below (View D) is the style Deborah Raffin is modeling:

And that one is from Butterick pattern number 3024
Here's the rundown on the fabrics, patterns and tops from the magazine:
I don't know why I didn't get a picture of the facing page, but they mention pattern number 3159 and also 3131 for some pants.
 I found photos of those two patterns for you, also:

Now I think I might have to try and dig that magazine out again so I can add pictures of the other clothing they describe!
And the article also mentions that the Jon Peters Salons in Beverly Hills and Encino did the hair for the models on these photo shoots. Jon Peters is a successful hairdresser-turned-producer who dated Barbra Streisand, produced "A Star Is Born" (among other films), and was married to Lesley Ann Warren years ago.
Just thought I'd throw that in.
Hope you enjoyed this blast from the patterns past for today!

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Very cute! Yes I wore halters, but I made them without a pattern. They were very simple to make. I am interested in the Peter Pan fabrics. Maybe someday we will find an ad for those. Love T