Friday, April 8, 2016

Vintage California: A Couple Of Special Finds

Vintage finds make me smile.
Getting good deals on them makes me pretty happy, too!
And these two finds featuring my home state are special ones for me.
A vintage, unused linen tea towel from KayDee Handprints with California landmarks including Disneyland!
You can see everything they included on the towel in the photo below.
 I'm happy to say that I do believe I have visited every place or area depicted on this towel, and many of them are surely some of my favorite places:
 After all, I was born and raised here, and I've had a LOT of years to visit locations all over our beautiful state!
The Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Shasta, the Giant Redwoods, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe - and there's even a gold panner for the Gold Country Girls!
I also found a neat postcard booklet recently that was mailed from Los Angeles to Lodi in 1946:
"The Land Of Oranges" - we've got Santa Fe's  Super Chief "traveling thru the orange groves" and Main Street in Riverside...
A palm tree and more orange groves:
It says here that the Los Angeles County Fair is the "Most Beautiful Fair In America".
I wouldn't know, because I haven't been to all of the fairs in America, in fact, I've only been to a handful, but the picture on the postcard sure is pretty!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wonderful finds! We lived in a two acre orange grove just before you were born, I don't know if we could see the mountains, I wasn't interested in views at that age. Great post! Love T

Sunnyana said...

I believe I've also been to every place shown on your tea towel. Even though I live in Oregon now, I will always be a Californian. I love the postcard booklet. I collect any of these of places I've been and this would be a good one. I spent most my life in Riverside Co. and remember the very wonderful fragrance of citrus trees in bloom. Haven't smelled that in decades. I especially like the picture with the palm tree, flowers and snow capped mountain. Thanks for bringing back memories!